1. Do you always eat in front of the TV when your favourite programme is on, even when you have already eaten?
2. When you’re happy, sad or bored do you reach for food?
3. Do you wait to feel hunger before you eat or eat because it’s time to?
4. When you’re full do you still aim to finish what’s on your plate?
5. Do you pay attention to what you’re eating and take the time to understand the nutritional value of it?
6. Do you find yourself picking at food all day?
7. Are you ever aware of your food portions?
Now you know what mindless eating is, how do you control it? These are some proven ways on how to control mindless eating:
1. Learn to eat only when you’re hungry and not because your favourite program is on;
2. If you’re happy, sad or bored, deal with it. Celebrate with something other than food; cry, talk to someone who can help or do both; look for an activity to entertain or occupy yourself other than eating.
3. Eat smaller portions and drink lots of water before and after food.
4. Learn the nutritional value of foods you eat;
5. Don’t put yourself in temptations way by buying snacks and high fat products in your home. Teach yourself and loved one’s healthier eating habits;
6. Make yourself accountable, report to your loved ones, friends or exercise group about your battles and how you are winning or losing them. When others are looking to you are relying on you, you generally wouldn’t want to let them down or let yourself down for that matter.
It’s all about lifestyle choices and exercising some self control. You can do this by putting some measures in place to help you control mindless eating.
Next time you reach for food, ask yourself am I hungry or am I eating through habit? Then make a conscious effort to control yourself!
Since starting Improve Weight Loss Joyce Austin has helped a whole range of people gain access to weight loss information in a way that is accessible for all by providing well sourced information for free at your finger tips. With a full range of healthy weight loss products listed on her website many people are achieving their dream of healthy and permanent weight loss. If you or a loved one wants to lose weight or maintain a healthy weight please visit the website for a free Improve Weight Loss report and access to information and resources that will assist you.
Satisfy Your Appetite with a Rich Protein Drink Here