As I said in the video the topic of whether a Christian besides prayer, should search online for a life partner?
In answer to this, I would like to refer to the bible.
In the New Living Translation (NLT)of Proverbs chapter 18 verse 22, it says: “The man who finds a wife finds a treasure,
and he receives favor from the Lord.”
So, that tells me it is the man who should do the finding. God refers all through the bible to specific sexes when He is wanting to make things clear and has specified many times, ‘man’ ‘woman’ ‘wife’ ‘husband’ and ‘children’. He also says ‘Man’ and ‘Men’ to indicate he means the human race (male and female). Therefore, we are not to twist scripture to suit our needs.
In addition, it is important that a single Christian lady would make herself available (easy to find and accessible) not playing hard to get. See the story of Ruth also referred to in the video.
Proverbs Chapter 18 verse 24 in the King James Version (KJV)says, “A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.”
I encourage you to read the whole of Proverbs chapter 18 to gain insight into gaining wisdom and godly counsel.
In conclusion, please also note the following:
- Christian (men and women) should pray and ask God for his choice of the right life partner because God sees the heart and the future.
“But the LORD said to Samuel, “Don’t judge by his appearance or height, for I have rejected him. The LORD doesn’t see things the way you see them. People judge by outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart” 1 Samuel chapter 16 verse 7. Also see the book of Jeremiah chapter 17 verse 9, “The human heart is the most deceitful of all things, and desperately wicked. Who really knows how bad it is?”
- Seek His direction whether or not to go online to find this partner as God leads His children (see Romans 8 verse 14 and Psalm 119 verse 113).
- If you do find a lady online ensure to get to know her quickly in the flesh to avoid being catfished. People online are not always as they appear to be.
- I would like to correct an error here as I thought this scripture I’m about to reference was for women, but it’s for anyone wanting a mate, see Isaiah 34 verse 16. I barely started praying this and my husband showed up (it works!)
- What is your reason for wanting to get married? Remember God checks the heart. Your motive has to be right.
- Is the timing for marriage right for you? Ecclesiastes chapter 3 talks about times and seasons.
- Are you supposed to get married or are you called to a life of celibacy? See 1 Corinthians chapter 7 verses 7 to 8.
Get back here soon and let me know what further topics or issues you want me to address for you in the comment section below.
Whatever, you decide to do, please be safe and discerning as God has given us the Spirit of discernment, ignore it at your peril.