I don’t know about you, but I have my own style and sometimes I get compliments and sometimes not. However, I have largely gone by what makes me feel comfortable and confident.
Dressing Tips and Tricks
Also, when I was growing up a few tips and tricks about the dressing code was pointed out to me i.e. don’t let your underwear show and don’t expose too much skin or wear clothes that are see-through without a petticoat. It was also pointed out there were clothes for different occasions and people would judge me based on my appearance. Dressing with my breast and thighs on display either separately of together would make me appear as a prostitute and or give men the wrong impression.
I still bear the dressing tips and tricks in mind even now and have passed them down to my children. However, there was another side to the dressing rules that I didn’t know. Maybe, you like me didn’t know about many of these and as we go into Spring, the rest of the year and the rest of our lives, we could do well to note.
So, it was no surprise when I found this video by Bright Side titled, 14 Dressing Rules Everyone Should Learn Once and For All, I was keen to learn more.
Dressing Rules Summary
- The middle button on a jacket should always be closed.
- When you are wearing a shirt or a blouse, you can unbutton no more than 2 buttons.
- Wear earrings that match your bracelet and a necklace that goes well with your ring.
- The tip of your tie should reach your waist and cross it just a little.
- Opt for either a miniskirt or cleavage. Both at once look too vulgar.
- If you are wearing a shirt without a jacket, you don’t need a tie.
- Your office shirt cleavage should not be deeper than 4″ from your collarbone.
- If you tucked in your shirt, you should wear a belt.
- Your naked skin should not be seen between your cardigan and your jeans. Wear a top if necessary.
- Your belt should be the same colour as your shoes.
- All visible tags on clothes should be cut off.
- Don’t wear too many prints.
- Your socks should be long enough that your naked legs aren’t seen when you are sitting.
- An office blouse without sleeves should cover your shoulders.
Do you agree or disagree with the above and why? What dressing tips and tricks do you live by? Do share your insights below.
Thank you for stopping by.