The Daniel fast is based on the biblical story of Daniel who had no pleasant meal of meat and wine for 3 weeks (21 days) see Daniel chapter 10 verses 2-3 – verse 1 explains the reason for it.
However, the health benefits to this were seen first in Daniel 1 verse 15, Read the whole chapter so that you gain a clearer understanding of it.
My Daniel Fast Recipe
So, I set about to make myself some homemade soup, seeing this is not something I normally eat, although I have done so in the past.
Vegetable soup ingredients:
- Large onion sliced vegetable Knorr cubes;
- Curry powder Italian style seasoning;
- 3 slices of garlic cloves chopped up;
- A tiny sprinkling of salt Cauliflower separated into small bits
- Broccoli separated into smaller bits of Carrots chopped.
Directions For The Daniel Fast Broth
- Cleaned and chopped 2 medium-sized potatoes,
- Placed chopped potatoes in a pot and added water to cover them.
- Added chopped onions once it came to the boil.
- Next added was the chopped carrots.
- My spices were added next starting with the know cubes which were stirred in.
- I waited a few minutes and added the others in the order listed, one after another.
- Then once the potatoes looked almost cooked, started adding the Cauliflower and Broccoli.
- Finally added the chopped garlic clove slices and a little sprinkling of salt.
My 15-year-old daughter who loves chicken said it smelt really good and tasted delicious. I suppose we’ll be fighting over the leftovers! Watch the video here: Daniel Fast Recipe
In these present times, it’s very important that we must take care of our health as hospitals have been turning people away as I have heard. If you read the scriptural references in the book of Daniel above you will find it was times of hardship and trouble that led to the fast we now call the Daniel Fast.
However, after the fast, it’s important like Daniel to maintain your perspective which was to seek God’s help in difficult times and to be thoroughly equipped to cope through it.
So, what will your health be like following your Daniel fast? Will you take care of it taking vitamins and having the right balance of nutrition?
If you want to take charge of your health and nutrition, then you must follow the link to the online store here: Good Healthy Living
Share your comments about your experience on a Daniel Fast below and any Daniel Fast Recipes you have tried out.